Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Underway to the Canaries Dec 10,08

Friday, December 12th, 2008

Since I had galley duty yesterday I didn’t have to stand the normal watch so I took the opportunity to do
what I seem to always do when free here…sleep.

Had my normal 4:00am watch though, which was rough for me this time.  The weather was actually pretty
good. We had fairly warm temperatures with a steady NW Force 5 wind with gusts to force 6.  Steering
was hard as she tends to bounce around in the waves and gusts. I lost track of how to bring her back
steady on her course at one point and the Mate had Ben take over till she was stabilized.  For some reason
I had alot of trouble staying alert for the rest of the watch. Must be the motion which is making me a bit
queasy again.

We will be getting to the Canaries on Thursday afternoon  at this rate.

I saw the North Eastern most island on the horizon this morning.

Thanks for reading.
KJ

Posted in On Watch | No Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment