Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Monday, December 8, 2014

Sunday Nov 30,08

Monday, December 1st, 2008

Finally the weather has moderated a bit and we are heading back to the South. This means that if all goes well we should reach our destination in Morocco tomorrow evening.

After last night's squall things were more reasonable on watch today.

I only bashed myself a couple of times and only gashed myself once.  I think I will have very few body
parts that haven’t been bruised or lacerated at least once by the time I get home.

Even when the seas have moderated they can still throw a surprise twist into your day.  Mid afternoon
today while I was off watch  I went to the head, but it was  busy so decided to stand and wait on deck. I
was just in front of the Fore mast fife rail enjoying the sunshine  when I heard a sort of thumping crash
and the ship shuddered.  “This can’t be good” thought I and  what seemed like a full second later a wall of
water came crashing down across the fo’csle head and drenched me.  The second Mate says the splash
went up to the topsails!   Of course  since I was just going to the head I didn’t have my fowlies on, blah.

But at least the Sun was shining :-)

Thanks for reading.

KJ

Posted in On Watch | No Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment