Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Friday, December 5, 2014

A great day in Switzerland

Saturday, November 8th, 2008

I did manage to get to Zurich eventually.

After flying to Frankfurt first, and then finding that Lufthansa had cancelled my flight to Zurich too, I had
to take another one on which my bags never got loaded… I was picked up by my friend Francois and his
lovely wife Ursula and taken down to the town of Scuol in South Eastern Switzerland. This town is in the
beautiful Engiadina valley and the house we are staying in is 400 years old!

When I got up this morning my bags were waiting outside my room having been delivered from Zurich Post Express by the efficient Zurich Airport Lost and Found :-)

Today Francois and Ursula took me around the town and out to a couple of beautiful little villages up on
the sides of the valley. We also went to two castles one in ruins the other, Tarasp, which has been restored
and had a look around. You can see a few of the pictures on a Google Web Album here.

Tomorrow we are going to go up to the high alpine, weather permitting, should be nice. The valleys here
look very much like valleys in BC but there are houses on the mountain sides in many places and some
villages are perched way up high. The tall Larch trees are all turning colour much like the ones in our
mountains although the colour is more orange than yellow (they look rather like pine beetle killed pines to
me).

It’s hard to imagine that just 3 days from now I will finally be aboard ship getting ready to begin my sailing
trip.

Thanks for reading.
KJ

Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment