Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Friday, December 5, 2014

On Board at last Nov 10,08

Thursday, November 13th, 2008

I joined the ship Tuesday after a very long walk across the seafront of Palma. It seems that the cabbies
won´t go to this dock here just saying ¨Military Military¨over and over again. So I had them drop me at the
cruise ship port and I walked. As i did I saw that they were right there is amilitary base between the city
and the port that the road goes around. Eventually I hauled all my stuff around and onto the pier.

The on watch crew were busy downrigging the mizzen topmast which is quite the operation. (edited to
change the name of the mast proper like!)

Once aboard it was as if I had never left, everybody welcomed me back with open arms and lots of ´noshit
there I was stories¨.

Once that settled down I was assigned a bunk, number 32, upper bunk on the port forward side of the
salon if you´re interested. I then stowed all my stuff and was amazed that the sapce was much larger than I
thought. In fact several people mentioned that they were surprised at how little I brought, now I´m
nevrvous again about what I forgot.

They put me to work rustbusting the shrouds they had unrigged. Just like old times :-)

I stood my first dock watch last night between 3:00am and 5:00am `äll by me onsies, savy´. It was
wonderful and incredibly quiet, so quiet that the squeaks from my shoes on the dew damp deck was loud.

Today we spent the day sanding the inside of the galley preperatory to getting it repainted as well as
studying all the lines and eating really well. Kolin tells me I will be on the 4-8 watch at sea which means I
will be able to see both the sunrise and sunset. I look forward to that.

Tonight I will do another dock watch, 5:00 till 6:00 but this time I will have another crewmember with me.

More later

Thanks for Reading
KJ

Posted in On Watch, Uncategorized | 2 Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment