Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sunny Sunday in Mallorca

Sunday, November 16th, 2008

Just a musing post on this sunny Sunday morning in Mallorca Spain….

I’m sitting in a very nice cafe just outside the Mediaeval Cathedral here in Mallorca having a cappuccino
and typing into my laptop.  As the bells ring for Sunday Mass I ponder the odd set of things in my life
now… When I’m done here I will wander back across town to get back onboard a sailing ship rigged like
one from the 19th century.  I have traveled halfway around the world on transport that would have been
amazing only 50 years ago, I’ve chatted in realtime across the planet from outside a building that was built
in the middle ages.

There is an odd kind of mental disconnect when I sum all this up.  It’s a kind of temporal confusion.  Odd
but exciting at the same time.

The Mate says we will be leaving on Tuesday for Gibraltar.   That will be my first time at sea, the start of
this passage at last.

Time to go and look around a bit more before I have to embed myself in the ways of our fine ship once
more.

Thanks for reading.
KJ

Posted in Musings | 1 Comment »

No comments:

Post a Comment