Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Friday, December 5, 2014

My Last Night on West Side of the Atlantic

Wednesday, November 5th, 2008
So tonight is the last night I will spend on this side of the Atlantic until late May 2009.

I’m mostly packed, the pile was surprisingly small when I started putting it into my duffel bag.  I wonder
what I’m missing?

It’s an odd feeling knowing that after nearly 18 months of planning and worrying I’m almost ready to head
out.  Not exactly anti-climactic or anything but odd nonetheless.

Winter has finally arrived in Calgary with some wet snow on the ground and temps around 0C.  With any
luck after I get to Spain on Monday, where the forecast says it will be partly cloudy and 19C, I won’t see
snow again till next year some time

More soon.
K

My Last Night on West Side of the Atlantic (part two)

Quick crosscheck of the packing discovered a couple of “nice to haves” that were missing so Jayne and I
headed out to pick them up.  We took the long way home via Bragg Creek. A lovely drive through snowy
country in the moonlight.

Once back I repacked the missing items and called my Dad to say bye.

Maggie from the Ship’s Office sent me a map for Palma showing whereabouts the ship is supposed to be
berthed on Monday.  It looks like it’s a mile or so from my hotel but not too bad.  There are a bunch of
Webcams you can check out here.  Perhaps the ship will show up on Monday.

Tomorrow morning bright and early I have to head to the airport and get this show on the road.

Wish me luck.
Thanks for reading.
KJ

Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment