Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Friday, December 5, 2014

New Toy

Saturday, November 1st, 2008

I’m writing this on a shiny new Asus EEE PC 701.

This lovely little sub notebook will be my link to all of you while I’m on my travels.

It is my one (fantastic) piece of “corporate sponsorship” donated by Tremar Computer Solutions of
Cochrane Alberta. Thank You Guys!

If you haven’t seen one of these little beauties they are about the size of a trade paperback book. This one
has an 1Ghz Intel (R) mobile processor which is underclocked to 630 Mhz for stability and power reasons.
There is 512 MB of RAM and 4 Gigabytes of solid state hard drive storage. An SD Flash card slot and 3 USB 2.0 ports will allow me to move pictures from my camera easily. It has built in wireless and Ethernet
and even has pretty good sound (actualy better than my usual laptop). It runs a custom Xandros Linux
distubution which is very nicely laid out. The screen is about 7″ across but pretty bright, I can use it
outside as long as the sun isn’t shining directly on the screen.

Here is a picture of one:

Did I mention that this is a COOL THING (TM).
So now in addition to packing and making sure all the myriad details of getting ready to leave are handled
I have to make sure I know how to make this baby do all the things I will need it to do on my travels.
KJ

Posted in Packing and Preps | No Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment