Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Friday, December 5, 2014

In Mallorca at last!

Monday, November 10th, 2008

This part was remarkably simple, no canceled flights or lost luggage just a little trouble finding my shuttle
driver at Palma airport.

After a stunningly beautiful drive through Switzerland, over a high snowy pass and down into the
“lowlands” back to the airport, I boarded a Swiss Air flight and took off for the sunny south. It was with
some sadness that I said goodbye to Francois and Ursula as they have been truly wonderful hosts and
friends to this wandering sailor without a ship.

I arrived just as the Sun was setting into the Mediterranean. As we drove into Palma from the airport the
setting sun silhouetted not one but TWO sets of lofty spars. It seems that the Picton Castle has company
at the dock. So at least I know “my ship has come in”.

Tomorrow morning I will try to get me and my stuff over to get on board at last. Doesn’t seem real just
yet. Hopefully I can get squared away without too much trouble and begin trying to remember all 130
working lines on the ship :-)

Next post may be after I’m aboard or I’ll edit this one.

Thanks for reading.
KJ

Posted in Ashore, Packing and Preps | 2 Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment