Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Carriacou to Grenada Feb 25-26,09

Thursday, February 26th, 2009

Had a great day yesterday ashore on Carriacou for the last day of Carnival.
David and I went for a hike along the shore North towards a large beach called Paradise Beach. Along the
way we stopped on a point with a nice sandy beach and hung out for an hour enjoying the sun and sand.
Once we got to Paradise we had fabulous tall rum punches and relaxed in a shore side bar.

A 2.50 ECD cab ride back to town for dinner at the Hotel Laurena and I was good to go for the evening.
The hotel was having an after Carnival party so they began to clear out the restaurant to get setup. I
started to pack up my laptop and stuff and they said I could stay so I sat in this big empty room with
fabulous Caribbean music pounding at a nice comfy table with a good internet connection and power and
enjoyed a nice long computer chat with Jayne :-)

I then headed out to enjoy the last hour of party before the 11:00 skiff run and then went back to the ship
and had a great sleep. It’s a good thing that there wasn’t another day of Carnival, it might have done some
damage :-)

This morning we up anchored and sailed off the hook and we are currently halfway to Grenada.
We should be there later in the afternoon and since my watch is officially on today I should be able to go
ashore tomorrow which will be great.

More later…

It’s later and we are tied up to the pier in the inner harbour at St Georges Grenada. This is just temporary
as we will have to move the ship tomorrow morning. The plan is to moor “stern to” that is with two
anchors from the bow and two stern lines to the dock.

St Georges looks like a bustling town, very green and built up on the sides of the steep hills that surround
the harbour. I’m looking forward to doing some exploring over the next couple of days.

Thanks for reading.
KJ

Posted in On Watch | No Comments »


No comments:

Post a Comment