Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Friday, February 27, 2015

Ashore in St Georges Grenada Saturday Feb 27,09


Friday, February 27th, 2009

Yesterday I spent a great day wandering around in town.

Found a great little Cafe at the top of one of the hills here with great coffee and good Internet, they even
have power plugs at just about every chair.

One odd thing about St Georges is that all the big churches are missing their roofs and are slowly being
rebuilt. From what I can tell this is the legacy of Hurricane Ivan.

Having a good Internet connection is a mixed blessing because it means I’m able to get all my personal
stuff done and then I have time to do a bit of random surfing.

Big mistake!

The global economic situation is miserable and back home in Calgary things are not looking good for the
oil patch.

So after a great relaxing day of walking around up and down hills in the hot Grenadian Sun I decided to
check into the possibility of heading back to Calgary for a brief visit. Primarily to see Jayne and family
but also to touch base with my employer and to get a read on the prospects for the next couple of months.
That also is a dangerous thing, because once the world ashore gets it’s gaff hooked in a sailor’s gills it’s
difficult to wriggle your way back to sea :-/

Oh well, as my fellow trainee WT is fond of saying “it is what it is” and I’ll just have to go and check it
out.

Currently I’m scheduled to fly back to Calgary tomorrow, Saturday Feb 28, which will take nearly 24
hours and then fly back to Grenada next Saturday to make sure I’m here when the ship sails out on 8th of
March.

In the meantime I have another lovely day to soak up the energy and vibe of this beautiful city with it’s
fascinating and incredibly friendly people.

More later maybe…

Thanks for reading.
KJ

There are photos from my day ashore in St Georges here.

Posted in Ashore, Musings | No Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment