Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Monday, August 15, 2016

Packed and ready...

Sort of.

Got most of my gear packed up and it all fits in my old seabag!  I made the seabag during the last stretch from Bermuda back to Lunenburg when I was last sailing on the Picton Castle.

My plan is to check the seabag and carry an old cloth backpack on the plane. That will have the absolute bare essentials so that I could still join the ship even if the seabag goes awol.  I am flying Westjet so that isn't really a concern, unlike another "Nationally Named" Carrier I could mention.

The tricky bit of the packing was clothes. It is currently really hot in Toronto where we will be starting but who knows what it will be like after we get out into the Gulf of Saint Lawrence. I really only need three sets, work clothes, general and travel clothes, and a nicer set to wear if I have to go ashore, and not look like a ruffian from the docks, heh. All that fits in a very small space.

Biggest amount of space taken so far is my foul weather gear it just doesn't fold up very small. I'm also carrying my old rubber boots just in case of cold water, they'll probably never leave the bottom of my seabag.

So tomorrow afternoon my little adventure starts. It'll be fun to just get on the plane and leave all the FB\News\Social madness behind for a couple of weeks.

Updates as I can wrangle them.

Thanks for reading.
KJ

P.S. The current plan is to get the ship ready to leave on the 21st planning to arrive in Lunenberg Sept 1st or 2nd. Between the time I get there on the 17th and the 21st the ship will be involved in some filming which will be interesting to be in on.

No comments:

Post a Comment