Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Friday, August 19, 2016

Filming Day

Thurs August 18

Filming Day

An interesting day.
Started by lashing down large timber topmast blank to the rail. Then we lashed all the canal fenders, large 8x8 timbers used to protect the side of the ship in the locks, on top.  We will be heading out into the lake to continue filming tomorrow.  That will be my first sail on this ship since June 2009!

Woot :-)

The crew that are being extras left to get costumed and setup for the filming.

I went with Mark to move the skiff to a new mooring away from the ship then we walked back, shortly thereafter we were told to go move it to a new spot which we did.

By the time we got back they had started filming so we hung out on the Quay watching the fun.  A lot of hurry up and wait as is typical of such activities.

On the plus side they gave us a big feed which was awesome. The film crew called it "lunch" about 4:00pm. They are planning to keep filming till the Sun goes down. We have been ordered to standby in case they need us to move something and then we will have to furl the sails that are hanging in their gear for the shots.

I'll be standing my first anchor watch tonight which will be interesting, only one hour as we are all hands.

The film crew is coming back aboard as I type this so we'll soon see what the evening will be like.

More later

Just finished my first anchor deck watch, was with A-Ron a very interesting fellow who was on the whole trans Atlantic trip. He walked me through the lines while we were doing the ship check and I got most of them right!

Monique and Christie you were right once I hit the deck a lot of stuff came back. :-)

Since A-Ron and I had first watch I'm hitting the rack!

Thanks for reading.
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment