Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Knots 'n lines and sails oh my!

Four days to go before I fly out to Toronto.

Woke up in a cold sweat this morning.

I was dreaming that I had been ordered to do something on the ship.  Only I had no clue how to do it!

Eight years is a long time, and even though I have been sailing since it has never been on a vessel with all that lovely rope and billowing canvas. The panicky feeling of that dream lasted all through breakfast and I figured I better do something about it. So I got an old shoelace and started doing knots.  All the knots I could remember. Then I looked up the ones I couldn't remember and tried them.

The simple act of doing that was very calming.  Riding the bus downtown I kept doing all the knots, must have looked a little strange, but then this is Calgary, heh.

It's a kind of Sailor's Rosary or something.


Thanks for reading.
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment