Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

At anchor Sao Vincente Jan 21,08

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009

Well it finally happened, I had galley duty when Donald the cook was ashore. Luckily Corey was with me
and he can actually cook :-)

Yesterday after we arrived here in Sao Vincente my watch was able to go ashore and all I did was find
Internet and hang out. Simple needs for me

Otherwise it was a pretty calm day. We are using the three watches even at anchor so there was only one
watch aboard the other two were ashore. It was pretty quiet with only 10 or so people here.

The weather on this island is odd. The mountains are high enough to cause clouds but not quite high
enough to cause rain, just the odd sprinkle in the wind gusts. The gusts are very strong but because the
anchorage is sheltered we only hear it in the rigging. We have both anchors out just in case however.

I get the next two days off so I will be doing internet stuff and wandering around the town. On Saturday I
will hookup with the 4-8 gang and maybe head out of town for a look at more of the island.

I also want to stock up on snacks and stuff because once we leave here on Sunday it will be nearly a
month before we get to shore and that will be on the other side of the Atlantic!

Thanks for reading.
KJ

Posted in On Watch | No Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment