Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Home Stretch, Bermuda to Lunenberg May 19 '09

Tuesday May 19,09

Woke up to very different kind of day. The cold front moved in about 5:00 this morning and when I
came on deck to start my galley day the sky was leaden and so was the sea. the swell is now covered with
wind blown waves and white caps. the steady force 4 is blowing from the NW so we are still motoring
along.

It looks cold and miserable but the air is still warm and the water isn’t that cold yet so it is actually quite
pleasant on deck.

They took the galley stove apart to clean it this morning, which will hopefully help it actually heat stuff
again. This meant that breakfast was cold cereal, cheese, nuts and the last of our oranges. The stove is
back on currently so Donald is hoping to have a soup made for lunch. On the plus side there were no pots
or pans to wash from breakfast :-)

David tells me that we are 280 miles from Lunenberg.

More later…

Just finished the last of the dinner dishes and am now off till my night watch at 4:00am.

The skies are still cloudy and the seas still lumpy and steely grey. The air is rapidly cooling so I think it will
be long underwear and full foulies on watch tonight.

We just dumped our food slops overboard, which needs to be recorded in the “slops log”
so I got a position. We are at 40 degrees 34 minutes North and 64 degrees 18 minutes west at 7:00pm in
case you were interested :-)

I might even have to put my blanket on top of my sleeping bag tonight. What a difference a day makes
when you are motoring straight North.

Thanks for reading.
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment