Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Sailing to Bermuda May 9 '09

Saturday May 9,09

Had a good night watch under clear skies and a brilliant full moon.

We have set the gaff topsail so we are now sailing with all sails set! We are making a good 5 knots. The
skies are mostly clear with some high puffy clouds. We crossed the Tropic of Cancer going North so we
are officially out of the tropics. The temperatures are dropping and it is now quite chilly on deck at night
without a jacket.

Two weeks today we arrive in Lunenberg. Hmmm…

More later…

Spent the day working on my sea bag. It was a beautiful day bright sunshine, brilliant blue water and
steady Force 4 breeze. To top it off I was invited to eat with the Captain along with Nickola, Job, WT and
Meg. We had a very nice dinner and talked about classic rock music.

While I was on lookout today I spotted a couple of Man ‘O War jelly fish. They actually seem to be
sailing, they are moving across the wind which was quite surprising to me.

Tomorrow is Sunday and we will be having our Ship’s Concert in the afternoon. My watch is planning a
skit of some sort so I may not have to use my fall back plan :-)

Thanks for reading.
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment