Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Arrival in Lunenberg May 23,09

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009

I was woken up for my anchor watch at 7:00am this morning.

It was a beautiful sunny Nova Scotia spring morning. Bright Sun and calm crisp air.

We up anchored for the last time and motored out of the bay at La Have. Once outside we set all sails
and then motorsailed to the North towards Lunenberg.

As I write this we are approaching Battery Point and have had one cannon salute already

This will be my last post underway with the Atlantic passing under our keel and all sails set above.

Sigh.

Thanks for reading.
KJ

P.S. We have arrived to a tumultuous welcome which included cannons and cheers and ships horns etc.
All of which we had to ignore while we took in sail, launched our boats and ran dock lines to tie up this
fine ship to the dock.

My daughter was waving from the pier head and I’m now safely ensconced in the Grand Banker
restaurant having dinner with her and David.

Thanks for reading.
KJ

P.P.S
The article I was interviewed for has come out. It’s actually pretty good   Check it out here.

P.P.P.S (?)
Photos from the last leg and our arrival are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment