Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Monday, April 27, 2015

Sailing for BVI April 26-29,09

Monday April 27,09

Lynsey and Nicki went ashore this morning and caught a ferry over to Terre de Haut to clear out.
I am on galley today so spent the morning doing the dishes and cleaning out the veggie lockers on the
Aloha deck.

Since we will soon be heading North where it is cold(er) we also were told to clean the ship inside
thoroughly. This is because as we get into colder climes moisture will condense inside the ship and if the
surfaces aren’t pretty clean they can begin to mildew and smell. Lovely…

We got our anchor up and began sailing North around 2:00pm. We have a strong force 5 breeze on our
Starboard quarter to move us along North. We are currently sailing briskly towards Guadeloupe wit all
sails but the Royals and Flying Jib set. I suspect that once in the lee of Guadeloupe we may need to motor
but the consensus on the lower deck is that we will only motor if we really have to. This would be just fine
with me I prefer to sail :-)

I went up to loose sail today and helped to loose the Mizzen Staysail as well. My hand is doing much
better and it felt good to go aloft again.

My tattoo is doing pretty well, it hasn’t been itchy and the colour hasn’t faded much even though I’ve
been in the bright Sun pretty much continuously since I got it. Some of the other people’s tattoos haven’t
fared so well. The finer lines have disappeared on some of them and others have faded a bit.

Current guess is that we will reach Jost van Dyke in about 2 days or so.

Thanks for reading.
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment