Atlantic Rollers

Atlantic Rollers

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Getting Inked in Martinique Apr 11,09

Saturday, April 11th, 2009

So after much consideration I have decided to get a tattoo.

I know Biz, my daughter, thought I should get one to mark the trip but I couldn’t decide on a pattern I’d
like to live with for the rest of my life :-)

The primary reason we are here in Martinique is to visit a tattoo artist that does Polynesian style tattoos
and is well known to the Picton Castle crew.

Many of the crew have got new tattoos, some small some very complex all beautiful and unique. Her style
is very light, which I like, not heavy and blocky like most tattoos I’ve seen.

John got a nice one on his calf you can see it here.

This is the place then to get it done, after crossing both the Atlantic ocean and the Equator I’ve an idea
that I think will work well, a combination of traditional and artistic. I’ll see what the artist thinks.

My appointment is at 2:00pm today and I’m sitting in the cafe drinking cafe ‘o lait listening to the
buzz/wine of the tattoo gun…

More later…

It’s later and I have a nice tattoo on my left forearm.

At least all the pain and healing itching will be on the same side :-)

Now the dilemma is to post pictures or surprise everyone when I get home?

What do you think?

Thanks for reading.
KJ

Posted in Ashore | No Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment